March 14, 2016Published by Cashion Dental on March 14, 2016
Published by Cashion Dental
Invisalign invisible braces have been chosen by over 700,000 dental patients since 2008, and they are growing more popular with every passing year. Not every dentist is certified and trained to straighten your teeth using invisible braces, but those who are can give you access to the five following advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces:
- Less Noticeable: The clear acrylic aligner trays of invisible braces let the true color of your natural teeth shine through. No unsightly metal will be seen by others when you smile, and many may not even realize you are wearing braces at all.
- Less Discomfort: Metal wiring in you mouth is more than a mere aesthetic problem—it can also cause discomfort when you bite, chew, and talk. The soft plastic of invisible braces will not tear at the soft tissues of your inner cheeks like traditional braces sometimes do.
- Less Hassle: Cleaning metal braces can be a tedious and time-consuming task. You must carefully clean around the contact points, and plaque and food particles still get stuck underneath the braces, causing poor oral hygiene. With Invisalign, simply remove the trays during cleaning and replace them when finished.
- Less Restriction: No one likes to be told they cannot consume their favorite foods and drinks, compete in their favorite sports, or engage in vigorous exercise for months or years on end. Invisible braces make such restrictions a thing of the past. You can safely remove your braces for up to two hours a day.
- Less Waiting: Traditional metal braces are often worn for as long as 36 months, but invisible braces typically only take 12 months to straighten your teeth, while also requiring fewer dental visits.