January 14, 2016Published by Cashion Dental on January 30, 2016
Published by Cashion Dental
Same day crowns are one of the major breakthroughs of modern dentistry, and they offer the patient numerous important benefits. They are the products of the CEREC system, which both designs and generates the new crown within minutes’ time, eliminating the need to wait for the lab to fabricate the crown and for the patient to return for a second visit for fitting and installation.
Aside from the fact that they are fully finished after only one dental appointment, other benefits of same day crowns are:
- Less pain: Same day crowns involve less drilling, fewer injections, and eliminate the need to wear an uncomfortable, temporary crown.
- Less mess: Because the CEREC system uses an intra-oral camera to digitally capture the size, contours, and the position of your tooth, there is no need to use messy dental putty to take a physical impression. You can even watch the images of your teeth as they appear on a chair-side screen.
- Less tooth loss: Same day crowns tend to preserve more of the natural structure of a tooth than is true of traditional, lab-made crowns. Personal results will vary, though, based on the condition of your teeth.
- Greater strength: The porcelain material used in same day crowns is generally stronger than materials used in traditional crowns. This means a better bite and a longer lifespan of the crown.
- Greater precision: The CEREC machine eliminates most human error and allows for a better-fitting crown that more exactly replicates the lost portion of your original tooth.
- Greater color-matching: Compared to some other methods, CEREC’s same day crowns better match the natural enamel coloring of your teeth.